Inpatient and Outpatient Care at Providence Health Center
The staff at Providence Health Center provides the following services:
- Inpatient rehabilitation facility with 12 private suites
- Physical, speech, occupational and lymphedema therapy at Doctors Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Laboratory services (Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For appointments call 956-693-5094)
- Imaging services including MRI, CT Scans, X-rays, digital mammography and ultrasounds
- Weight-loss surgery
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Adults recovering from stroke, injury, surgery or other disabling conditions can get the intensive therapy they need at the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Providence Health Center. The Unit is the only local facility to feature all-private patient rooms and one-on-one therapy to gives patients the personalized care and attention they deserve.
Short-term rehabilitation after an injury, illness or medical procedure can reduce pain, promote healing and increase strength and endurance. The staff at the Doctors Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center help evaluate and treat patients who need assistance with conditions such as sports injuries, orthopedic postsurgical care, acute and chronic pain, lymphedema, stroke, neuromuscular disease.
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Rehabilitation plans at Providence Health Center may include working with the following specialties:
- Physical therapy teaches patients how to manage their condition through exercise, which can improve function, and help with other skills such as getting in and out of bed or a wheelchair, standing and walking
- Occupational therapy helps restore and enhance a patient's living skills (toileting, grooming, bathing, dressing, cooking, and working)
- Speech and Language therapy assists patients with disorders of speech, voice, language, cognition, memory and swallowing
Laredo, TX 78041