- General visiting hours: 9 am – 9 pm. The second floor is a secure area and has limited access. Visitors are required to check in at the nurses station.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 6 – 7 am, 9 – 10 am, 1 – 2 pm, 5 – 6 pm, and 8:30 – 9:30 pm.
- Neonatal ICU (NICU) and Postpartum: Parents are welcome to be with their infants at any time except during change of shift report (6:30 – 7:30 am and 6:30 – 7:30 pm). Before entering the unit, parents and visitors must obtain a pass at the greeter station. After 9 pm, visitors may use the intercom to speak to the nursing staff.
- Check with the floor nurse or contact the Information Desk at 956-523-2828 about the visiting hours for other units and additional hospital information.
We recognize that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released new guidelines for vaccinated individuals. Per the CDC, these guidelines are not intended for healthcare settings. We will continue to require that masks be worn at all times by staff, patients, and visitors to our facility.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years of age to be in a patient's room. In certain situations, a patient may be permitted to visit children in the hospital's lobby or children may have a limited visit in the patient's room. For their safety, children younger than age 12 should never be left unattended.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in the room at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area that is located outside of Doctors Hospital.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short. Visitors should avoid unnecessary noise to maintain a quiet environment.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
- Visitor lounge areas are located on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the emergency department and surgery. During certain hours, a ward clerk is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
Doctors Hospital has preferred rates with several area hotels. Please contact Administration at 956-523-2001 for rates.
Parking for patients and visitors is available at the hospital in front of the Main Entrance and Women's Center. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Check with the floor nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
The hospital Gift Shop offers gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, snacks, balloons, toiletries and flowers. The Gift Shop phone number is 956-523-2626.
- Monday through Friday: 10 am – 3 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm
- Sunday: Closed
A meditation room, which is located on the first floor by ICU, is open 24 hours a day for patients and visitors.