Temporary Visitor Restrictions
As the world continues to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19, we are continuing to take additional steps to ensure all patients, guests and associates remain safe by limiting hospital visitors.
Visitors are welcome at Doctors Hospital of Laredo from noon to 8 p.m. for general, medical and surgical units.
Check with the floor nurse or contact the Information Desk (956-523-2828) about the visiting hours for other units and additional hospital information.
Visitor lounge areas are located on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the emergency department and surgery. During certain hours, a ward clerk is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years of age to be in a patient's room. In certain situations, a patient may be permitted to visit children in the Hospital's lobby or children may have a limited visit in the patient's room.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in the room at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area that is located outside of Doctors Hospital.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Doctors Hospital has preferred rates with several area hotels. Please contact Administration (956-523-2001) for rates.
Parking for patients and visitors is available at the Hospital in front of the Main Entrance and Women's Center. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Check with the floor nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
The Hospital gift shop offers gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, snacks, balloons, toiletries and flowers. The Gift Shop phone number is 956-523-2626.
- Monday through Friday — 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Saturday — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
A meditation room, which is located on the first floor by ICU, is open 24 hours a day for patients and visitors.