A Great Place to Have Your Baby
Doctors Hospital of Laredo is proud to be entrusted with the health and care of so many of Laredo’s moms and babies. We believe that a family-centered approach to childbirth can help promote the healthy growth and development of the entire family. And we're proud of our long tradition of reaching out and serving a wide range of contemporary family structures. From beginning to end, your support person will be welcomed and encouraged to participate in your childbirth experience.
The specialists at the Women's Center at Doctors Hospital offer a full range of services to provide the best care throughout your pregnancy and during childbirth including:
- Obstetricians/gynecologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatalogists, anesthesiologists and neonatal nurses are available 24 hours a day
- Newly renovated, private labor and delivery suites
- Natural childbirth, cesarean births, high-risk births
- Level III NICU nearby, should your baby need it
- Choice of comprehensive nursery or mother/baby couplet care
- Childbirth classes and labor and delivery unit tours
- Special Deliveries program - celebrates new moms with special gifts
- Web Nursery lets you and your family see photos of your new addition through a secure online link
- A Cuddler Program, where trained volunteers comfort babies during their NICU hospital stay when their families can’t be there
Miraculous as childbearing may be, it can present certain complications. The Women’s Center at Doctors Hospital is set apart by our staff with specialized training, skills and experience with perinatal situations. Obstetricians/gynecologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatalogists, anesthesiologists and neonatal nurses are available 24 hours a day for special or urgent needs. And both intensive care units and surgical suites are just around the corner from Labor and Delivery areas.
We Pamper You and Your Newborn
At the Nursery, we work to create an environment of warmth, comfort, assurance and encouragement. Our private Labor and Delivery suites feature many amenities. Your birth setting can be intimate and private or openly shared with your significant partner or other support person.
Doctors Hospital is now Texas 10 Step Program designated. This program aims to improve maternity care practices in birthing facilities. Key initiatives of the program include policy development, education of staff and providing discharge resources for breastfeeding mothers. The program is based on the 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund.
Learn more about breastfeeding with a free class at Doctors Hospital of Laredo. Breastfeeding classes are held every fourth Thursday of the month in the Postpartum Conference Room from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Please call 956-523-2530 to register.
Podcast: The Benefits of Breastfeeding
Learn about the benefits of breast feeding and how Doctors Hospital of Laredo has taken a giant step towards improving the health of newborns and infants in this educational health podcast.
If you're thinking of getting pregnant or expecting, download a free brochure (English or Spanish available) about Doctors Hospital's maternity program. You can also call 1-877-992-1711 for more information about childbirth classes or to arrange a free tour of our labor and delivery unit.
The Women's Center accepts private insurance, Medicaid and CHIP. Self-pay delivery packages are also available.