Back On the Road to A Healthy Heart
According to an American Heart Association study, cardiac death was lower, there were fewer second heart attacks and fewer necessary cardiac surgeries in patients who completed a cardiac rehab program, compared with those who did not participate.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation team at the Heart and Vascular Center at Doctors Hospital of Laredo helps patients recover from heart attacks, heart surgery and interventional procedures.
Doctors, nurses, exercise physiologists, psychologists and dietitians work together to design rehab programs to help each patient progress physically, emotionally and socially. Patients going through cardiac rehab can experience many benefits including:
- Stopping — and in some cases even reversing — damage to the heart and blood vessels
- Living longer and reducing the chances of having a heart attack
- Getting stronger and enjoying a better quality of life
- Feeling better and more confident doing daily activities
The Heart and Vascular Center’s program Cardiac Rehabilitation provides:
- Initial patient assessment
- Individualized exercise programs
- Nutrition counseling
- Risk factor management (blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, smoking)
- Heart health education
- Behavioral counseling and stress management
- Support groups
Learn more about the Cardiac Rehab program by calling 956-523-2779.