Doctors Hospital Receives 2021 Laredo Morning Times Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hospital and Best ER
Hospital administration, the board of governors, medical staff and employees thank the community for the honor of being selected this year’s recipient of the 2021 Laredo Morning Times Readers’ Choice Award winner for best hospital and best ER. “Thank you for choosing us,” states Emma Montes-Ewing, CEO. “Our commitment to compassionate, quality care is our main goal. We put patients at the center of all we do, from our inpatient services supported by dedicated and caring doctors, nurses and specialty staff to our fully equipped and staffed emergency departments.”
Growing with the Community
A group of physicians established Doctors Hospital of Laredo in May 1974. The facility was located on 500 E. Mann Road. Their vision has resulted in years of growth, development and change. “We are so grateful to the doctors who have been here since the beginning. We continue to work with many of the physicians who have been here for over 47 years. They brought their vision to the table and it has grown and expanded into what Doctors Hospital is today,” says Montes-Ewing.
Over the next 15 to 20 years, the city of Laredo is expected to nearly double in population size. In preparation for this growth, Doctors Hospital of Laredo continues to invest in its infrastructure, enhance its service lines and improve the quality of care provided to this community.
Doctors Hospital of Laredo is an acute care facility that offers a comprehensive range of medical services including emergency, cancer, cardiopulmonary and intensive care services. It is home to a catheterization lab, cardiac care unit, sleep center and laboratory. The hospital also offers programs that include open-heart surgery, inpatient and outpatient surgery, radiology and women’s services.
The hospital is steadfast in its commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction. As Laredo grows, Doctors Hospital continues to grow right there alongside the great city, providing patients with the healthcare they need when and where they need it most. Through its “Network of Care,” Doctors Hospital operates one clinic, four diagnostic centers, two freestanding emergency rooms, a mobile clinic and an MRI site conveniently located throughout the community. The clinics, diagnostic centers, and freestanding ERs include South Laredo Diagnostic Center (south), Providence Health Center (northwest), Nueva Vida Maternity Clinic (central heights), Calton MRI (central), North Laredo Diagnostic and Therapy Center, Hillside Health Center, Doctors Hospital Emergency Room South and Doctors Hospital ER Saunders (central). These clinics and centers offer a variety of services accessible and convenient for patients.
Doctors Hospital is proud of the following accreditations and awards:
- American Heart Association®/American Stroke Association® Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- 2019 Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2020 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Award
- Accredited Chest Pain Center from the American College of Cardiology
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- NICU Level III designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Designated as a Level II Maternal Facility by Texas Health and Human Services
- Trauma Level III designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Ten Step Program facility designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite
- Laredo Morning Times 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hospital and Best Emergency Center
“Providing quality healthcare, advanced technology and a caring staff are all important parts of what makes Doctors Hospital so special,” says Montes-Ewing. “As we look to the year ahead, know that you can continue to rely on Doctors Hospital to play a key role in the health of the community. I am proud to be part of that mission. Together, we are prepared for whatever new challenges await. We are grateful for the continued support from our Healthcare Heroes (medical staff, employees, patients) and community for their loyalty and support. We look forward to serving you in 2021 and beyond. Safe. Trusted. Ready.”