Mission and Principles
Central to Doctors Hospital of Laredo's mission is its commitment to excellence in serving patients — from providing an aesthetically pleasing environment to ensuring quality in medical care.
Every employee at Doctors Hospital receives service excellence training and personally pledges to put the needs of patients first. The staff takes pride in providing a safe and secure environment for patients. Every patient is entitled to privacy during their stay at the hospital and continued confidentiality about all medical information.
We are committed to providing healthcare services that patients recommend to families and friends, physicians prefer for their patients, purchasers select for their clients, employees are proud of, and investors seek for long-term results. We will realize this vision through our commitment to the following principles:
- Service Excellence – We will provide timely, professional, effective and efficient service to all of our customer groups.
- Continuous Improvement in Measurable Ways – We will identify the key needs of our patients, assess how well we meet those needs, continuously improve our services, and measure our progress.
- Employee Development – We understand that the professionalism and drive of our people are the most important factors in the quality of the service Doctors Hospital provides. We will hire talented people, increase their skills through training and experience, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth within the company.
- Ethical and Fair Treatment of All – We are committed to forming relationships of fairness and trust with our patients, purchasers of our services, and our employees. We will conduct our business according to the highest ethical standards.
- Teamwork – We will work together to provide ever-improving customer service. This team approach to our work will supersede traditional departmental organization and create a true customer focus. People at all levels of the organization will participate in decision-making and process improvement.
- Compassion – We will never lose sight of the fact that we provide care and comfort to people in need. The patients and families that rely upon us are fellow human beings and they will receive respectful and dignified treatment from all of our people at all times.
- Innovation in Service Delivery – We will invest in the development of new and better ways of delivering our services.
- Education and Research – We will work in partnership with our community in pursuit of knowledge and the understanding of the scientific basis for disease, disease prevention and health promotion in the communities we serve.