Thank You to Our Wonderful Neighbors
April 27, 2020
Doctors Hospital of Laredo has been the recipient of an enormous outpouring of community support in the weeks since the COVID-19 outbreak. Contributions have included, but are in no way limited to, the following:
- A generous donation of surgical masks from Ophthalmologist Michael Hochman, MD
- Face shields from community member Lupita Rueda, including shields to be used in the NICU to protect babies while they are being fed
- Snacks and beverages distributed to staff throughout the facility by Auxiliary President Isabel Rodriguez, on behalf of the entire Auxiliary organization
- Nearly 40 cases of Teavana Craft Iced Tea from L&F Distributors of Laredo
- Chef-inspired meals from the local H-E-B
- And many, many more
We have also received heartfelt messages of encouragement that have helped inspire the medical staff and our wonderful team of employees as they rise to this challenge.
To make a donation, please call 956-523-2020. Drop off hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Thank you for your support.
Important Safety Information About Donations
We truly appreciate the community support and want to ensure your donation drop-off follows our safety protocols. However, heightened precautions are in place and only essential personnel and patients are allowed into our facilities. We ask that you do not drop off donations to our hospital without first coordinating with the facility. We appreciate your understanding.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call your doctor for medical advice.